Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Thanks, CALS

I've never been a fan of "self help" book. Honestly, I'm not sure why. I mean, good advice is good advice, right?

I am at a total loss as to where I need to start on this life makeover - total. utter. loss. I mean, when I sit with my pen and paper to come up with a plan, the journey seems so daunting and failure so inevitable, that I never actually put pen to paper. Instead, I grab the laptop, open a handy e-book, and lose myself in someone elses's world for a few hours. Yeah, hours...I read like that.

I forced myself to acknowledge that this was cowardly - just another way of hiding from the elephant in the room (which happens to be my f'ed up life). So, today, I took the self help plunge. I headed on over to the e-books at the Central Arkansas Library System (CALS) online library. Here's what I scored:

The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People by David Niven
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Suppose to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
Courage: Overcoming Fear and Igniting Self-Confidence by Debbie Ford
Moving Forward: Taking the Lead in Your Life by Dave Pelzer

The first 2 were checked out, so I placed a hold on them. The second 2 have been downloaded into my e-reader, awaiting me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Current Reading Queue

The Offspring series by Jaime Rush and the Adrien English Mysteries by Josh Lanyon.

Current To-Do List

Come up with a definitive list of what I want to change in my life.

Current Stats

09/07/2012 224.4 lbs